Tuesday 4 June 2013

Learning Contract

Topic - I would like to learn German.

Purpose - I believe that in today's multicultural society, teacher's should be at the very least bilingual, as in most cases there will be bilingual pupils in their classrooms.  Languages are something I have always enjoyed learning, however, I have never reached a level of good fluency in any of the languages I have studied.  Therefore, my aim is to become a fluent speaker and writer of German.

Resources - There are a number of different ways I plan to learn German.  Firstly, whilst I stay here in Linz I am taking a German for Beginners class at the university, where I have been learning the basics of the language.  Secondly, through meeting people during my stay in Linz, I am trying to learn from native speakers by asking questions and listening to conversations.  With regards web based resources, I have downloaded a Babbel app on to my Android tablet.  Here I have been taking a different section each night and trying learn some key words and phrases.  I would like to enroll in a class when I return home to continue learning, as I feel I will learn best from face-to-face teaching.

Strategy - Whilst I stay in Linz, I will learn from my university class, and from the people around me.  However, when I return home I will need to commit myself to working my way through the Babbel app at a consistent pace, and I will search the internet for a tutor who can offer German lessons.

Outcome evaluation - I am aware that this goal will take some time to complete, however, I believe I will know I have been successful if I can return to Austria at some point in the future, and maintain a conversation with native speakers, and have the confidence to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment